- Grounds and Property Maintenance Technician
ACG Tauranga is a leading independent co-educational school with excellent facilities. Situated in Pyes Pa, Bay of Plenty, we have a reputation for outstanding educational outcomes.
We are seeking a permanent, full–time (40 hours per week) Grounds and Property Maintenance Technician will assist in the basic maintenance of campus grounds & facilities and support our students in the Design, Art & Technology faculty.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for:
· Undertaking basic maintenance tasks in respect of buildings and school equipment.
· Assisting the Property Officer with all aspects of security.
· Ensuring that school grounds and car park areas are tidy at nominated sites.
· Reporting all building damage and defects to the Principal.
We are looking for an experienced property professional who is committed to ensuring that our school grounds look exceptional.
The Successful candidate will need to possess:
· Hands-on general maintenance experience.
· A good level of physical fitness.
· Strong organisation and communication skills.
· Problem-solving skills.
- Please note we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position. Applicants must therefore have the right to work in New Zealand.
- ACG Tauranga
- Full Time from August 1st, 2022
- Position Title: Property Maintenance Technician
Location: ACG sites in Auckland
Responsible to: Property Manager / Facilities Management Administrator
Position Summary: To provide a level of basic maintenance for the facilities owned and leased by Academic Colleges Group, and operational support to staff.
• Undertake basic maintenance and handyman tasks in respect of buildings and school equipment.
• Carry out regular inspections of all buildings to record maintenance, hygiene and safety issues, and ensure any such maintenance etc. is undertaken.
• Assist with regular compliance inspections as required by Building Warrant of Fitness and record findings in the compliance book and ensure any remedial work has been carried out.
• Liaise with contractors to ensure that buildings, plant and fittings are maintained
School Equipment, Furniture and Fittings
• Responsibility for equipment, repairs and maintenance of furniture and fittings
• Responsibility for receiving deliveries, distribution and allocation
• Ensure that school gardens and car park areas are tidy and litter free.
• Liaise with contractors to ensure that grounds are maintained.
• Keep the gardens free of weeds.
• Monitor the performance of cleaners• Ensure that toilets are in a clean condition (in liaison with the cleaners)
• Occasional assistance with cleaning when emergencies arise
• Ensure that the footpaths, covered walkways and building exterior are kept clean.
Security and Safety
• Liaise with subcontractors/tradesmen on matters of vehicle parking, security, building access, and safety etc. when they are working on site.
• Ensure that contractors comply with the ACG Code of Practice.
• Ensure OSH systems are implemented effectively and any risks that may be identified are reported to the Principal.
• Assist the Facilities Management Administrator or nominee with all aspects of security.
• Assist with the placement of new assets
• Relocate furniture and equipment as may be required by ACG Property Manager / Facilities Management Administrator or Principal.
• Report all building damage and defects to the Facilities Management Administrator
• Maintain the company vehicle in a tidy and safe condition.
• Provide a timely level of deliveries between sites as requested.
• Timely and accurate record keeping using Facilities management software.
• Have good working relationships with teachers and support staff.
• Encourage other staff to use the software if they are not doing so.
• Ensure that all tasks assigned are completed efficiently and with due regard to health and safety and hygiene.
• Carry out other assigned duties as may be required from time to time, in line with the above.
In order to deliver the above, the Company will provide any reasonable personal protective equipment and in conjunction with Health and Safety requirements, you should ensure that appropriate clothing is worn and protective equipment is used when undertaking such tasks.
This schedule is subject to periodic review.