About the role:
Full-time (Monday to Friday, 7.30am –
4.30pm) 12 month fixed term contract, immediate start.
- Management of two Auckland CBD campus buildings, with
full training and support by the ACG Support Office property team.
- We require a practical knowledge of building management
including maintenance and operational aspects relating to building
services, security and building compliance. Ability to deal with and
manage the performance of contractors, tradespeople and cleaners.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with
senior campus management, teachers and support staff.
- ACG Education
- Full Time from April 9th, 2018 until April 5th, 2019
Education Property/Property Managers(2) and Facilities Manager
ACG Senior College (66 Lorne
St) and ACG Pathways Campus (345 Queen St)
Accountabilities & Objectives
focus area is to ensure facilities are maintained to a high standard
for and/or undertake basic maintenance tasks in respect of buildings and school
out regular inspections of all buildings to record maintenance, H & S
issues, and ensure any such maintenance is undertaken etc.
of all service contracts that relate to property and plant, e.g. security,
lifts, air conditioning, electrical.
out all regular compliance inspections as required by Building warrant of
Fitness and record findings in the compliance book and ensure any remedial work
has been carried out.
and manage on a daily basis the buildings BMS and ACG Property Helpdesk (CAFM)
- Long term Maintenance Plan, monitor and
- Liaise with the ACG Education
Property/Facilities manager where required.
- Responsibility for campus security and
security systems (including CCTV), including security staff, keys, alarm
system, gates etc. and afterhours access as required.
- Implement and monitor contractor sign in
- Liaise with subcontractors/tradesmen on
matters of vehicle parking, security, building access, and safety etc. when
they are working on site.
- Ensure that contractors comply with the ACG
Code of Practice.
- Liaison with the Café contractors/staff as
- Oversight of the cleaning contracts
- Ensure that toilets are in a clean condition
(in liaison with the cleaners)
- Occasional assistance with cleaning when emergencies arise.
that the footpaths, covered walkways and building exteriors are kept clean.
- Ensure H & S systems are implemented
effectively and any risks that may be identified are reported to the
principal/ACG H & S Officer.
- Ensure any agreement with Civil Defence is
Equipment, Furniture and Fittings
- Ensure efficient and cost effective use of all
- Monitor on a regular basis the usage of power,
gas and water.
- Responsibility for equipment, repairs and
maintenance of furniture and fittings.
- Responsibility for furniture purchases,
delivery and allocation (see Cooperation attachment)
- Ensure that school gardens and car park areas
are tidy and litter free.
- Supervise and liaise with contractors to
ensure that grounds are maintained.
- Report any theft of property or issues that
may require an insurance claim.
- Contacting police if necessary.
- Assist with the ordering and placement of new
assets and relocate furniture and equipment as may be required by ACG Education
Property/Facilities Manager or Principal.
This job description is subject to annual
- Monitor and keep records relating to staff car
- Create and maintain a good working relationships
with teachers and support staff.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned are completed
efficiently and with due regard to health and safety and hygiene.
- Carry out other assigned duties as may be
required from time to time, in line with the above, e.g. shifting of furniture,
preparation for prize giving and other functions.
- Ensure that all invoices received for property
match the orders and quotations.
- And any other duties as may be reasonably
required by the ACG Property Managers /Principal or Facilities Manager.
In order to deliver the above, ACG Education will
provide any reasonable personal protective equipment and in conjunction with
Health and Safety requirements, ensure that appropriate clothing is worn when
undertaking such tasks.
& Key Stakeholders
- Property Team (Property Managers, Facilities
Manager & Project Manager)
- Director of Schools
- School Principals & other Property
- CEOs of Vocational Colleges & Campus
- Health & Safety Coordinator
- Maintenance contractors
- Property consultants (architects, project
managers, engineers, building services, quantity surveyors etc.)
- Industry partners