ACG our ambition is for every one of our students to unleash their
potential. Through outstanding
individual care, we create grounded, critical thinking students who go on to fulfil
their potential in life.
commitment to building bright futures has driven our successful growth from a
single school in 1995 to seven schools around the world today.
provider of a world-class, values-driven, international education in the Bay of
Plenty and ideally situated on a beautiful green campus, the ACG Tauranga
community is warm and friendly and offers the highest standards of pastoral
Curriculum provides the basis for smooth progression and easy transition
between Primary and Secondary. Education at ACG Tauranga means so much
more than the pursuit of top results. Sports, the arts, community service and
adventurous activity are all central to the balanced programme we
is seeking to appoint a new Principal to lead ACG Tauranga. The ideal candidate will be a talented
professional who has the following key attributes and characteristics:
passionate educationalist with demonstrated excellence in teaching and a record
of achievement as an innovative educator.
experience as a senior leader in a school, or a related educational setting
having held some accountability at different functional levels including
academics, finance and other business functions.
demonstrated track record of strategic innovation and implementation.
commercial and business acumen.
of the Cambridge curriculum.
highly competitive remuneration package will be offered.
- ACG Tauranga
- Full Time from July 2nd, 2018
- The Principal has the responsibility of turning the ACG vision and philosophy into tangible managerial objectives through people leadership and sound operational disciplines.
This will involve:
The key focus will be the consistent delivery of excellence in student learning opportunities, welfare provision and budget adherence.
- Directing, developing and expanding all activities related to the effective operation of the ACG School.
- Working within budget and achieving annual financial goals
- Setting and achieving superior standards in terms of academic outcomes, staff management and student services
- Co-operating with other ACG Principals/Heads to achieve Group goals and efficiencies.
Specifically the Principal will:
Promote the quality of teaching and learning within the School
- Ensure the provision of high quality learning programmes for students
- Establish academic objectives and targets consistent with clear academic outcomes
- Oversee curriculum development
- Supervise the academic programme
- Ensure accreditations are developed and current
c) Reporting to students and parents
- Ensure an assessment programme is in place to monitor student performance
- Develop the use of appropriate benchmarks and recognised outcomes assessment tools; assessment schedules and portfolio requirements
- Develop appropriate reporting to parents electronically and as traditional school reports
Take responsibility for student welfare and discipline in the school
- Manage and improve the performance of the academic and administrative staff
- Promote group teaching, individual learning programmes, creativity and ICT
- Oversee the appraisal system
- Teach, if required
- Stay informed and up-to-date with professional and educational issues
Manage staff according to Human Resources policies
- Set a positive tone for guidance and welfare
- Maintain appropriate standards of behaviour
- Implement the pastoral care system
- Support teachers and deans in their discipline and attendance
- Oversee pastoral care meetings
- Maintain uniform standards
Maintain School discipline records electronically
- Promote extra-curricular activities and clubs / after school programmes
- Ensure appropriate co-curricular programmes are in place
Provide effective operational management
- Promote a congenial and stimulating work environment where employees feel valued and motivated, in keeping with the goal of attracting and retaining top talent
- Ensure the cost of staffing and recruitment remains within budget
- Ensure the allocation of classes, specialist teaching etc. and staff scheduling and management time are within budget
- Orientation/advice and guidance programmes for new staff
- Manage staff leave, attendance, conduct, professionalism and the rewarding of achievements, appraisal and professional development
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment, being vigilant in identifying and managing any hazards
- Ensure the construction of, and adherence to, documented systems and procedures of best practice operation e.g. the recording of systems and site specific procedures in electronic handbooks/manuals etc.
- Conduct regular reviews of progress against the budget/targets addressing any unanticipated slippage and identifying contingency actions for each anticipated risk to delivery
- Manage the budget effectively, reviewing progress and addressing any shortfalls
- Ensure emergency procedures are documented and promulgated
- Maintain close ties with all elements of the broader school community
- Represent and promote ACG generally in a way that enhances the reputation of the Group
- Be involved in, and implement a marketing plan for the School
- Ensure the website content is current
- Take a leading role in the enrolment of new students
- Meet parents as required
- Plan and coordinate student graduations and/or similar events
- Take an active role in public relations – promoting the school through the production of new and revised school publications and marketing strategies including: Board reports, Curriculum documents, Plans, Curriculum Resource Plans, Co-curricular Plans, Yearbook, Parent Handbooks, Bulletins, School Event Publications and the ACG Website
d) Health & Safety
- Regular progress reporting to the CEO or nominee
In addition to the above, the Principal may be requested to perform any other reasonable additional duties and responsibilities.
- Support health & safety programmes for students and staff
- Provide on-going communication with parents, staff and students
- Run school assemblies/graduations from time to time
- Produce regular school newsletters
This Schedule is subject to annual review.