- New Zealand Management Academies
- Full Time from June 20th, 2018
The Student Recruitment Advisor role is a sales position, with the primary purpose of meeting or
exceeding new student enrolment targets, along with ensuring that students are
provided with the support and assistance they need to succeed during their
studies through the provision of exceptional pastoral care, allowing them the
best possible chance of success in achieving their career goals and aspirations.
Student Recruitment Advisors proactively develop and maintain
strong partnerships with key external stakeholders who can channel new students
to us. They are also involved in marketing/business development activities
designed to increase external profile at
local high schools, expos, feeder
providers, community and events.
The Student Recruitment Advisor is the person who is passionate about
hitting targets and at the same time provides consistent, dedicated service to
students at the time of enrolment setting them on the best possible path to
achieving their career goals and aspirations.
• Meet or exceed student enrolment targets set for each intake.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of both individual and company sales strategies
• Build and develop a network of relationships with external stakeholders (other PTE’s and ITP’s, local and central government organisations, community groups, migrant communities, church groups and secondary schools etc.) as potential sources of new students and providers of student support.
• Assist with sales, marketing and promotional activities as required, and be available outside of normal work hours to be involved in planned marketing events as required
• Proactively develop effective internal working relationships across the team and the wider academy, communicate and share information in support of student success.
• Ensure that all information is recorded in the student database, and that this is kept up to date and completed in a timely manner
• Ensure all tasks and follow up’s are completed in a speedy manner
• Be responsible for personal up skilling to keep up with recent innovations and developments in industry.
• Demonstrate a high level of initiative and the ability to work largely unsupervised.
• Lead the process that starts the relationship students have with us - ensure they are provided with all relevant information and support to ease their transition into studies - Initiate, promote and support activities to improve the student experience
• Ensure Campus staff are made aware of the needs of students so that seamless and informed care and support can be provided – especially academic staff, so that teaching can be delivered effectively
• Stay up to date with all enrolment and statutory requirements for MOE, StudyLink, WINZ and TEC. Provide advice on student finance issues and work with WINZ or other agencies to resolve student loan/beneficiary problems.
• Along with Academic staff and other student services, support students to ensure work readiness – ensuring you are a ‘Work Ready’ role model at all times
• Lead the student induction process and ensure all students experience a warm welcome
• Make decisions and work with a problem solving focus in ensuring effective outcome for each student
• Work with the academic team to support the re-engagement of students with attendance issues
• Be responsible for the attendance and
absence follow up of new students prior to day 8 confirmation
Stakeholder Relationships & Community Engagement:
• Establish and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with Key Stakeholders within our target communities in order to:
- Support student advocacy and referrals
- Provide networks that support pastoral care
- Share the success of students and graduates
- Increase our profile as a primary choice for vocational study
• Participate in all educational fairs, expos, seminars and any other marketing initiatives as directed by your Manager – there is a need to be occasionally available outside normal working hours as required
• Invite key community stakeholders to visit us to promote courses and to provide insight to our approach to learning and student support services
• Provide regular updates regarding community engagement activities undertaken (status | feedback)
• Keep academic staff informed of promotional activities being undertaken
What Success looks like:
• Sales targets met or exceeded
• Student retention targets achieved
• Positive and productive relationships established with internal/external stakeholders
What you need to have:
• Proven success within a sales/business development role
• High degree of customer service delivery ability
• Intermediate/advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programmes
• Has the ability to successfully multitask and manage conflicting priorities well
• Compelling and effective communicator, and uses these skills to quickly build rapport
• Culturally aware and actively uses this to strengthen relationships
• Demonstrates passion for learning and a commitment to represent and be a strong advocate for students
• Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships
• Knowledge of the NZ education system, or a clear ability to learn this quickly
• Current New Zealand driver’s license