NZIS is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated self-starter as an Exercise Prescription/sports science course tutor at our Christchurch campus
The ideal candidate will have:
• Will have at least a bachelor’s degree in exercise science or other related fields
• A passion for the sports fitness and recreation industries and have will have networks within the local sporting communities
• Would ideally have teacher training or relevant student engagement
• Ability to connect with tertiary students through creative, exciting and motivational delivery methods
• Will have experience and expertise in delivery of some or all of the following subject areas: nutrition, exercise science, exercise prescription, strength and conditioning,
• Would be able to mentor young athletes and run sporting programs and academies.
• Ability to operate independently and as part of a high performing team.
• Ability to inspire and engage Maori and Pacific learners to achieve academic excellence.
• Deliver NZQA learning objectives in a way that brings our curriculum alive for the student
• Mentoring students and tracking/monitoring of our student success
• Stay abreast of latest industry/teaching trends and recommendations
• Meeting NZIS targets for student achievement and recruitment
• Industry stakeholder engagement
This position is initially part-time but could become full time for the right candidate, require a current NZ driver’s licence, workplace first aid and pass a police criminal conviction check if necessary.