ACG is New Zealand's largest privately owned provider of educational services with over 1,100 employees across multiple sites in New Zealand, Indonesia and Vietnam delivering education from pre-school to the tertiary level.
A new position has been created of International Admissions Team Leader to be based in Auckland that will report to the ACG Registrar and is responsible for ensuring the admissions and enquiry processes are efficient and effective. They must also be aligned to the admissions requirements for each ACG College and programme. The successful applicant will demonstrate experience with admissions and enquiry management, with excellent management, communication skills and the experience to manage and drive the admissions team.
We currently have over 1400 international students which is expected to grow and during a year we would have over 2000 students commence across our many intakes and programmes.
You need to be proactive; have a clear understanding of the academic needs and expectations; to be able to earn the trust of the many academic managers and assist to grow the talented and motivated admissions team.
An understanding of the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students would be beneficial.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Substantial admissions experience, with a proven track record
- Relevant qualifications (marketing or education discipline) obtained within New Zealand
- Demonstrated knowledge of overseas educational systems, qualifications and assessment of such as well as the NZ regulatory environment for international students
- Effective management and leadership skills at an operational level
- Effective analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Advanced computer literacy and demonstrated understanding of software, database and internet applications (ideally experience with Microsoft Dynamics)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, liaison and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop
- Effective working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Strong and proven exceptional customer service and relationship management skills
- The ability to successfully manage and complete multiple tasks and activities concurrently
For the right candidate this is a great opportunity to work with a market leader and a company that truly values their staff.
Please only apply if you have a valid work permit, New Zealand Residency, or you are a New Zealand Citizen.
Functional relationship with: International Centre teams, International students, Principals, Regional and Campus Managers, International Deans, agents, parents and other staff within the ACG Tertiary and Careers Group, and ACG Schools.
- The Admissions Leader position is responsible for the operational leadership of the Admissions team which includes the co-ordination and management of the team, and their performance through to the delivery of effective service and support to International students and associated stakeholders. The Admission team covers services to the ACG Tertiary and Careers Group, and ACG Schools New Zealand wide.
- Ensure the provision of a holistic environment for ACG International students throughout their learning journey with ACG.
- Ensure that all ACG International students requiring Admissions services are provided with the very best levels of service including; support, advice and guidance.
- To ensure that all reasonable measure are taken to increase the conversion rate
- Manage and lead the day-to-day operations of the Admissions team, including supervision, sufficient staffing and workload equity, performance reviews
- Build and maintain a team of experienced Admissions Advisors, who operate within a team culture that is in alignment with our ACG values and where all staff are motivated and supported to achieve identified performance targets and expectations
- Ensure that there is a work environment that brings out the best in staff, where all individuals feel valued and respected, where success is celebrated and people have fun
- Mentor and coach the people within your team to ensure consistent and appropriate service is provided, company policies and guidelines are followed and that communication between the team is effective
- Provide role model leadership in embracing and working effectively within an environment of rich cultural diversity, and being a genuine member of the team
- Lead by example and facilitate a collaborative and inclusive culture within the team
Student Admission Services
- Produce reports, and recommendation with regards to issues and policy concerning international student admissions, and service
- Audit review and implement procedures which enables streamlined processes and procedures to ensure maximum performance and service
- Supervise work flows and attitudes to service and ensure that staff are well informed
- Monitor staff internal and external communications to ensure they are conducted in a professional manner and aligned with ACG policies
- Supervise complex admission cases and report appropriately to the registrar
- To be an active member of the team which includes providing cover for staff when on leave
To lead the team in the provision of the following;
- International student and agent enquiries and correspondence
- International student enrolments
- International student payment and confirmation letters
- International student enrolments and/or pathway into appropriate programmes meeting specified entry criteria
- Guidance and training of Residential Community Advisor, Student Support Advisors, Administration and any other relevant ACG staff on admission related procedures
Manage the provision of:
- Financial arrangements for specific agents
- ACG English Language Test for external students including test result to student/agent/ admission team member
- On line enrolment provision
- Admission enquiries response system through the admissions inbox ensuring the team meets required ACG standards for service and timeliness
- Be the first point of contact for the Residential Community Advisor’s outside of office hours for any student related emergency admission issues
- Report weekly to the Registrar on admission related matters including human resource, operational and relevant student matters
- Report immediately to the Registrar in the cases of serious matters including welfare related
- Attend and participate in fortnightly Team Leader/Registrar meetings and report back to the Admission team as appropriate
- Liaise closely with the Principals, the International Registrar, International Deans, Regional and Campus managers, Student Support and Residential Community, Advisors and other ACG staff on student admission related issues
- Monitor student, agent and ACG wide feedback to focus on future improvements to the admission services for consistent care and service delivery
- Conversant with the Ministry of Educations Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care on International Students
- Exercises sound judgement with professionalism
- High level of professional conduct - leads by example
- Highly effective communication skills
- Analytical - able to quickly evaluate the whole picture and reach the right decision based on facts
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
- Welcomes and values diversity, and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected
- Strong belief in the value of this role and the benefits it brings to students and New Zealand
- Positive and student centred outlook
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- The ability to relate well with people from diverse cultures and the ability to develop relationships easily
- A depth of understanding of differing cultures, values and attitudes
- Values driven and possessing professionalism, personal integrity, trustworthiness and credibility
- Positive and persistent when faced with setbacks or unplanned events
- Not easily phased, seeking advice from others and working to find a solution
- Loyal team player, supportive of team members, adds value when interacting with their team and committed to International Centre and wider ACG team success
- High energy and willing to do what it takes to get positive outcomes
- Values others and recognises even the small successes.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with subsequent relevant work experience
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated supervisory experience in a busy work environment with a focus on client service
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including experience in dealing with people of other cultures and cross cultural communications in an international education environment or similar area
- Strong computer skills including experience in maintaining and updating databases, spreadsheets and formal reporting of statistical data to senior management
- Demonstrated experience in administration systems in an international education enrolment/ work environment including development of documentation and effective record keeping
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage an ongoing flow of work demands to manage timelines and priorities
- Availability to work flexible hours on a needs basis
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members
- Professional presentation and strong work ethic
- Background knowledge of the New Zealand international education industry, and relevant government policies and procedures for the enrolment of international students, including visa regulations
- Interest in peoples of other cultures and international education
- Experience in admission into programmes within the Tertiary or Schools sector students