- NZMA, part of the
Academic Colleges Group, is proudly one of New Zealand's leading private
training establishments, and we are the hospitality training destination for
students in Auckland and Hamilton. We are proud of our reputation for quality,
excellence and student success
About the role:
This is an exciting
opportunity for you to join our Sylvia Park team as a Culinary Arts Tutor
specialising in Pastry.
- Based at our state-of-the-art Cookery & Hospitality campus
- 40 hours per week, between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00pm Monday to
Sunday. Some evening and weekend hours will be required, however this will be on
a rotational basis.
This is a rewarding
teaching position, combining the provision of quality tutoring, the development
of course material to keep abreast of industry standards and being an inspiring
tutor focused upon developing and building student capability.
You will bring your high degree of communication ability, your ability to build
strong relationships at all levels along with your engaging approach to the
role of Culinary Arts Tutor.
You will ideally
- Experience in the professional cookery industry specialising in
patisserie, in a supervisory or managerial role for at least 2 years
- A minimum qualification at level 5 in Culinary Arts, or the ability to
achieve this through recognition of prior learning
- Excellent time management skills
- Teaching experience and/or teaching qualifications would be an advantage
but are not essential
- Proven ability to work successfully within a multi-cultural environment
- the ability to deal well with people from a range of backgrounds
- A commitment to represent and be a strong advocate for students
- A high level of interpersonal, communication and presentation
If this sounds like
you, apply today. We look forward to receiving your application!
Why work for NZMA?
- State-of-the-art cookery and kitchen facilities
- Fun, social and supportive learning environment
- Free Barista made coffee
- A student-run subsidized café
- Great Sylvia Park Location + Public Transport
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- $250 Clothing allowance
- $500 – towards education/further training
- New Zealand Management Academies
- Full Time from July 28th, 2018