The main area of
focus is to drive improvements, academic excellence, to focus on quality
delivery, and ongoing programme development. This will include the
identification and development of new programmes. The Head of Faculty role will
also support staff performance capability in order to support student success
and the achievement of defined outcomes across a specific portfolio of
programmes, which may change from time to time.
will support the development of teaching resources for the programmes and the
provision of quality tutoring.Training and Experience:
Minimum 3 years experience in the industry (eg media graphic design, film
Experience in managing a team
Minimum 3 years tertiary teaching experience
in Adult Teaching or another recognized teaching qualification
Prior experience in a tertiary education environment
University degree in a relevant field
• High energy - willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done well.
• Persistent and resilient – able to try alternative approaches to achieve a desired result
• Student focused, with the ability to understand and deliver on student expectations and continuously build upon and develop relationships with current and potential students
• Highly effective communication skills, polished and accomplished, able to influence others effectively, persuasive
• A passion for vocational learning and the value this brings to employer businesses.
• The ability to motivate others to achieve their goals and objectives
• At least two years group training or teaching experience in a multi-cultural environment, and the ability to work with others who do not have English as a first language
• Exceptional communication skills
• The ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships
• Strong self-management skills, and the ability to prioritise well and meet agreed targets/tasks in agreed timeframes
• A passion for vocational education, learning and student success
• Demonstrated commitment to represent and be a strong advocate for students
• Strong organisational skills
• Effectiveness in following through with initiatives and direction
• Sound knowledge of current trends within their subject area, and an ability to implement changes in their department if necessary.
• Someone that is results focused and will take action to get things done
• Strong understanding of the NZ tertiary education system and the operating requirements for providers
• Strong understanding of academic processes – both administration and learning processes
• Ability to work in a target driven environment and meet or exceed required targets
To effectively manage and/or assist in all aspects of the performance of the campus by:
• Supporting the Senior Leadership Team in developing and implementing an annual business plan that supports all aspects of running a successful campus
• Actively contributing as a member of the Creative Colleges wider domestic operations group
• Assisting the Campus Manager in all aspects relating to supporting and growing student enrolments
• Supporting the performance of a specific portfolio of academic programme teams to ensure all aspects of performance is met or exceeded – the programmes allocated to the position may change from time to time.
• Assuming accountability for the academic achievements of all allocated academic programmes. This includes the achievement of all EPI targets for those programmes.
• Assuming accountability for the progression/staircasing outcomes for all allocated programmes.
• Managing the performance and activities of the allocated programmes to ensure that ‘realistic workplace environments’ are provided and maintained wherever appropriate and practical
• Lead and manage all directly reporting staff members in conjunction with HRM policies, implement the One Team Behaviours effectively throughout the team
• Identifying professional development needs for reporting teams and suggest how the identified needs are best met
• Manage student issues arising, and work with other relevant staff members to ensure students are provided with the most effective support in the circumstances
Key Result Area
1. Student Support
• Act as a role model for students. Specifically behaviour, conduct, appearance, attitude and dress are of a standard generally acceptable in the training environment
• Act as an ambassador for ACG at all times and perform the duties of the position in accordance with the organisations core values.
• Apply the Creative Colleges student rules and Campus rules, equally to all students
• Respond to student feedback with particular focus on morale and student welfare
Key Result Area
• Ensure staff are abiding with the group attendance policy and understand their requirements in monitoring and escalating attendance issues. Assist staff with investigating reasons for absence and offering support as required
• Ensure records of all student contact are made in aPlus
• Monitor attendance for all classes and make recommendations as required to improve attendance outcomes
Key Result Area
3. Quality and Industry
• Create and maintain an environment which supports and enhances learning and skill development
• Keep up to date with developments in your own specialised areas of responsibility and related developments in industry.
• Work with the Quality team to ensure all programmes are industry relevant and that continuous improvement is researched and actioned
• Maintain networks with the purpose of inviting them in as guest speakers.
• Ensure staff lesson plans and module plans are written as scheduled
• Ensure that all preparation and tasks related to internal and external moderation process are completed in time and to the required specification
• Ensure that all Individual Learning Plans (ILPs), student progress reports and tutor dashboards are prepared and completed on time and to the required levels
• Host visitors to the Campus if and as required
• General networking internally and with external providers with a view to creating employment opportunities for our students
Key Result Area
• Directly manage and supervise all faculty staff as assigned to the faculty by the Campus Manager
• Ensure that timetabling, room utilization and best possible utilization of staff are completed in conjunction with the Campus Manager.
• Manage the performance and development plans of all faculty staff, hold regular informal coaching and mentoring conversations monthly, and formal performance conversations twice a year
• Deal with any staff performance issues in a timely manner, ensuring that performance plans are in place as required.
• Hold regular faculty team meetings and ensure that professional development opportunities are available to staff
• Work collaboratively as part of the wider Creative Group academic leadership team