About the role:
We are seeking a full time permanent Construction Tutor, specialising in building /construction, to join our Trades campus located on Great South Road, Mt Wellington. The main focus of this role is to provide effective, student-centered tuition, along with supporting, inspiring and motivating our students to complete their course and achieve their goals for further study or employment.
You understand what it takes to be successful in the trades industry and you love and excel at teaching and motivating students in a multicultural environment. You have taught either in the workplace or in an education environment, and ideally you will have a relevant tertiary qualification.
You are innovative, inspiring and committed to supporting your learners to achieve exceptional results and realise their goals and dreams
What you need to have:
• A recognised National Certificate qualification
• Relevant teaching qualifications are desirable, but not essential
• Trades industry experience preferably within the plastering and painting sector
• You love and excel at teaching and motivating people in a multicultural environment (you have taught either in the workplace or in an education environment)
• You are innovative, inspiring and committed to supporting your learners to achieve exceptional results and realise their goals and dreams
• An enthusiastic team player – collaborative, constructive and supportive of other team members and team results
• High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• You have a strong working knowledge right across the Allied Trades industry
• A passion for ensuring that New Zealand providers deliver service that is second to none
If you believe that you offer what we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.