NZMA & NZIS, part of the New Education Group, and is proudly two of New Zealand's leading private training establishments. We are the training destination for students in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington & Christchurch. We are proud of our reputation for quality, excellence and student success. This is a rare opportunity to join a team that prides itself in making a meaningful difference to the lives of students, their communities and the industries we serve.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Career Development Consultant to join our team in this permanent, full-time role. As you will be travelling between campuses and external stakeholders it is essential that you have access to a vehicle and a full driver's license.
The position provides advice, support and service to students to ensure that they are well prepared and 'Work Ready' for employment. The role will also be responsible for developing meaningful relationships with new and existing employers and employment partners for permanent sustainable employment for graduating students and alumni.
This role will see you:
• Coordinate and lead employer events including careers fairs, industry functions and presentations
• Identify and engage potential community groups, charities & casual employers, maximising your business development and networks
• Actively participate in regular engagement with graduates and employers.
• Facilitate 'how to' workshops including effective job searching, CV writing, and interview skills.
• Actively promote the services of Employment Teams to all students through scheduled presentations, class room visits and talks, induction presentations, Careers Fairs and via one-on-one meetings with students.
• Identify and promote current employment opportunities with students
What you need to have:
Ideally you will have worked in either a Recruitment or Business Development role and have some sport & recreation background. You will also have a proven ability to build strong relationships and be able to relate well with people at all levels. You will have a great network of employer contacts that you will bring with you and build on in order to grow employment opportunities for our students and graduates. You will also need to have excellent communication, networking and presentation skills.
This is an opportunity to join a team that prides itself in making a meaningful difference to the lives of students, their communities and the industries we serve…If you believe that you offer what we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.