Employment Outcome Administrator
Reports to: National Careers & Employment Manager
Functional relationship with: Academic and marketing staff, students & graduates, wider employment & careers teams, industry
Hours: 1 FTE Registry Outcome Administrator
Monday to Friday 08.00am – 5.00pm
Sustainable employment is the priority goal for the majority of our learners, both international and New Zealand students. Students are often looking for casual or part time work during their study with the organisation, as well as working towards securing full time employment upon graduation from their programmes of study. To ensure that all students are provided with the very best levels of support, advice, guidance and service in their search for employment, NZMA has created a centralised specialist employment function – NZMA Careers.
The main focus of this role is to ensure that NZMA’s records accurate student outcomes at end of learning period including employment and stair-casing, and to provide reporting on these outcomes to various stakeholders. The role also includes a CRM auditing function of current student data to ensure quality reporting from CRM.
The position holder ensures accuracy and consistency and supports the achievement of effective administrative processes and systems in order to support the overall goal of providing exceptional service to its stakeholders.
Employment and Stair-casing Outcome Recording:
• Creating and maintaining an on-going timetable based on the NZMA cluster’s Course and Intake Planner for contacting current and graduated students on pre-determined intervals.
• Creating and distributing Student Employment and Stair-casing outcome Update Forms to campuses as per the timetable detailed
• Contacting graduates by email, other electronic media and phone to collect employment and stair-casing outcome information
• Updating the Student Management System and CRM with all relevant data recorded in the collection methods detailed above, including contact details and relevant employment data.
• Updating CRM records for students stair-casing to other providers from collection methods detailed above.
- Ensuring deadlines set in timetable met for distributing, collecting and recording of Employment and Stair-casing (100%).
- Information captured and recorded for 70% of graduated students.
• Creating accurate reports for various stakeholders as required, including TEC reports for National Careers & Employment Manager and General Manager Academic Quality.
• Preparation and Distribution of Monthly Employment/ Stair Casing outcome results for internal management.
• Auditing current student information held on CRM; rectifying double-ups and errors
• Maintaining log of errors so problem areas/further training requirements can be identified
• Cross-checking current student enrolment data between CRM and Take2 to ensure data matches in both systems
Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated success in a senior administration role that has included information management and database administration responsibilities
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the administration field, ideally in an education environment
• The ability to create, implement and manage effective administration processes
• Proven advanced Microsoft Office skills, including word and excel, with fast and accurate word processing abilities
• Proven experience in working with CRM systems
• Exceptional attention to detail, high levels of personal accuracy and the ability to check the work of others and manage any issues arising
• Demonstrated ability to deliver all aspects of performance with a high level of customer service
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and at all levels within an organisation, including an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to create and produce effective and relevant reports
• Strong understanding of the tertiary education environment and external stakeholder requirements and regulation (NZQA, TEC, MOE etc.)
• Experience in working with timetabling/scheduling software
• A passion for people and the drive the deliver exceptional customer service consistently
• Clear ability to manage multiple tasks, and consistently prioritise workload
• Strong time management skills, and the ability to do this well in a fast-paced work environment
• A passion for and ability to consistently deliver work of exceptional quality
• A focus on continuous improvement and the ability to review and refine processes to ensure they deliver to business requirements
• The ability to create and maintain strong and effective working relationships across and within teams
• The willingness to work outside normal working hours if required in order to achieve above outcomes.