NZIS is looking to employ full time OR part-time Christchurch based tutors for one of our most successful youth guarantee sport, recreation and exercise programs:
Level 3 Sport, Recreation and Exercise Tutor: the ideal candidate for this tutorial and mentoring role will have (or ability to get):
• Experience in secondary education with a proven track record of student success and ability to teach NZQA levels 2 and 3 but this is not essential as we will provide training.
• Industry experience in sport, recreation or exercise or similar field.
• Be familiar with NZQA unit standards.
• Ability to engage students and set up support networks.
• Ability to work with Maori and Pacific students.
• Ability to coach a sport or run a sporting academy program.
• Help us achieve our strategic goals of delivering world class education to our students.
• Deliver NZQA unit standards in a way the brings our curriculum alive for the student.
• Mentoring students and tracking/monitoring of our student success.
• Stay abreast of latest industry trends and recommendations.
• Meeting NZIS targets for student achievement and recruitment.
• Industry stakeholder engagement.
We offer a competitive salary package and professional development to the right candidate.
These positions are 40hrs/week, require a current NZ driver’s licence and pass a police criminal conviction check.
If interested in either of these positions, or would like to discuss further please provide a cover letter and CV to:
Nick Burrow – Regional Manager