Tutor (Information and Communication Technology)
AMES, The Institute of IT, is seeking for a full time tutor to
teach our Bachelor of Creative Software program, at our growing Auckland campus
at 385 Queen Street. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
• Undergraduate degree to Masters level or equivalent in relevant area or discipline from an accredited college or university.
• 3 - 5 years' recent professional experience and achievement in the Information Technology industries.
• Evidence of discipline-based practice contribution (e.g. service to profession/industry/community, institutional and/or external awards).
• Demonstrated expertise and innovation in a tertiary education environment, including the development and delivery of multi-mode programmes and courses in a trans-disciplinary context.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 (C# & Blueprint)
• Programming experience in the following languages (C#, JAVA, HTML, CSS, JS & FIREBASE)
• Design experience in the following (UXUI & Game UX)
• Industrial experience (Web, App, Game, AR/VR & Unity experience, business, project manager, research)
• Demonstrated ability to work within teams and manage multiple projects
• Ability to instruct students and manage their behaviour to help them achieve their best.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work full time in New Zealand (NZ Residency or working Visa)
The successful applicant will have an enthusiasm and passion for education and
the subjects they teach. They will be teaching students of the Third Year of
the Bachelor of Creative Software.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team that prides
itself in making a meaningful difference to the lives of students, their
communities and the industries we serve.